Sanborn and Company is Colorado’s leader in selling restaurants, bars, liquor stores and hotels. We sell more restaurants and bars than any other Colorado company. Our team has completed hundreds of transactions in Denver and throughout Colorado. This success can be attributed to our dual perspective as both business owners and brokers. Our systematic approach leverages this unique experience base to help our clients achieve the highest selling price in the shortest period of time.
At Sanborn and Company we believe we can make the selling process better, we have sold our own businesses and understand the emotional side of the transaction in addition to the financial. We understand that YOU DID BUILD YOUR BUSINESS, and it was not easy. There are very few companies with this unique perspective and we have the knowledge and experience to take it to the next and highest level.
If you are considering selling your business, you realize it is a complicated transaction and chances are this is a whole new experience. If you have sold a business before it may have consumed all your time, you may have missed a detail, left some money on the table. The team at Sanborn and Company understands that, which is why we’ve developed the Full Service Success System™ for sellers. With Sanborn and Company, it’s not just about completing a transaction, it’s about doing things right to help you achieve your goal.
If you are contemplating a sale or just need a realistic valuation call today at 303-220-7919 or request an appointment online for expert advice.
Step 1: Detailed Business Analysis
- Establish the true earnings of the business
- Evaluate assets
- Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E)
- Lease review
- Determine the market value – estimated range of Value (ERV)
- Establish the timeline – is it the best time to sell?
Step 2: Position Your Business For Sale – Identify And Correct Items To Maximize The Selling Price
- Identify and correct operational Issues that impact earnings
- Identify low cost repairs/ improvements
Step 3: Create the Marketing Plan
- Identify the buyers who will pay the highest price
- Professional or first time buyer
- Personalized and specific
- Emphasize the strengths of the business
Step 4: Negotiate the Deal
- Negotiating the non-binding Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Preparation of the contract (Asset Purchase Agreement)
- Manage buyer’s due diligence, licensing & timeline
- Close the transaction
Step 5: Post Closing Support
We’ll sweat the small stuff but more importantly; what’s next?
If you are considering selling, contact a Sanborn and Company representative today for a no obligation valuation. Call 303-220-7919 today or request an appointment online.