Sanborn and Company offers both tenant and landlord representation for restaurants, bars and liquor stores.
For Tenants – If you are looking for your first location or your next, site selection and lease negotiations are two of the most important aspects of any restaurant, bar, or liquor store business. Selecting the wrong location or negotiating the wrong terms can be a long term burden or possibly be fatal to the best concepts and/or operators. The team at Sanborn and Company understands that, which is why we’ve developed the Full Service Success System™ for Tenants. As specialized commercial real estate brokers and business owners not only do we understand the specific business model, we have a vast understanding of the market and trade area. Of course you are the decision maker and no one understands your concept better than you. If you see a listing that interests you, but more importantly if you are looking for the best tenant representation call one of our restaurant, bar or liquor store retail leasing agents today at 303-220-7919 or request an appointment online.
Full Service Success System™ For Tenants
Step 1: Detailed Concept Analysis
- Evaluate current or proposed concept – getting to know your business
- Identify customer characteristics – trends, habits etc.
- Develop a comprehensive site selection process specific to your concept
Step 2: Site Selection
- Designate the best trade areas for your concept and budget
- Identify properties within designated trade areas
Step 3: Negotiate the Lease
- Negotiate the non-binding Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Specific and standard contingencies
- Review and negotiate the lease agreement
Step 4: Manage Due Diligence
- Inspection – prior to execution of the lease
- Architect, contractors & permits
Step 5: Ongoing Support
- Option rent negotiations
- Business valuation and sale
For Landlords – If you own commercial real estate with infrastructure in place for a restaurant, bar or liquor store, we can help you find the best tenant and concept for your property. If you are considering a new project we can assist you during the design phase to attract the best tenant and maximize value. Most commercial real estate brokers understand the importance of a good qualified tenant but tend to rely more on financial than operational qualifications. At Sanborn and Company we believe there are three categories of a qualified tenant; financial, operational experience, and concept. We review hundreds of restaurant, bar and liquor store financials every year, we know how similar businesses perform. We review dozens of business plans and projections each year and understand what is realistic and what is not. The team at Sanborn and Company understands the importance of selecting the right tenant and we’ve developed the Full Service Success System™ for landlords.
If you are looking for the best landlord representation call one of our Retail Brokers today at 303-220-7919 or request an appointment online.
Full Service Success System™ For Landlords
Step 1: Detailed Property Analysis
- Design support for new projects
- Physical plant review- condition, infrastructure, code issues etc.
- Evaluate market conditions
- Market rent analysis
Step 2: Positioning For Lease
- Identify and correct items to maximize the rent
- Landlord’s work, tenant improvement contribution vs. free rent etc.
Step 3: Create the Marketing Plan
- Identify the strengths of the property
- Not just the highest and best use – identify the highest and best tenant
- Develop and implement a specific marketing strategy
Step 4: Negotiate the Lease
- Evaluate and qualify tenants – financial, operational & concept
- From LOI to lease agreement – industry specific contingencies and language
- Manage tenant’s due diligence – inspections, contingencies, financing, licensing
Step 5: Ongoing Support
- Tenant review
- Market rent analysis – option rent support
If you are looking for the best tenant or landlord representation call one of our Retail Brokers today at 303-220-7919 or request an appointment online.